Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 1: The Start of New Rituals

The anticipation of a new semester woke me a few minutes earlier than my alarm did today. I laid in bed deciding whether to roll over for an extra five minute snooze or get up and squeeze in a quick run with Chopper before allowing my first day of school to begin. Chopper caught my glance, wagged his tail and stretched in preparation for a run. His enthusiasm convinced me. Probably the best decision I could have made because now, sitting in class, I am feeling great! I think this should become a new ritual before class that would allow me to spend some quality time with my pup, who doesn't understand why I must leave him for the entire day while I am in school.

He might not understand where I am or what I'm doing all day, but being back in school is very important to me. Now, I enjoy learning new things and setting goals for myself. Being motivated and organized can be rigorous, but what else do I have to do with my time? I took full advantage of relaxation this summer and now it's time to work just as hard as last semester. Finally, I feel that I am taking the right steps to adulthood. Yes, I know. I am already an adult, but I have been living the life of an extended teenager for too long. So as the days of taking it easy at the pool are vanishing, my to-do lists will be getting longer and more challenging.

I'm happy to report that I'm ready for the challenge! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment